Baxter Volkswagen La Vista is looking for a New Car Sales Manager. A New Car Sales Manager effectively manages new car sales personnel, has a strong knowledge of the market, and in-depth understanding of new car sales departments’ financial data as well as strong customer relation skills.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all salespeople.
- Directs sales staffing and training in ways that will enhance the development and control of sales programs.
- Establishes annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Monitors salesperson productivity and performance.
- Orders/acquires new-vehicle inventory.
- Administers and monitors factory-sponsored programs.
- Displays, merchandises, and promotes new- and used-vehicles.
- Reviews market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs, and volume potential, and develops sales campaigns to accommodate the goals of the dealership.
- Serves as liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong background in computers, marketing and business is useful.
- Must have excellent communication skills; be organized and able to explain the products.
- Where applicable, a valid state sales license is required.
Normal office experience; no unusual physical demands. Must be able to sit for a long period of time. Working extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve goals is required.