About the company:
Performance Team is now part of Maersk, the largest shipping company in the world. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity over 46 facilities throughout the country, Performance Team is proudly partnering with Maersk as a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offering third party logistics services for over 500 customers.
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
This position is highly visible and plays an integral role on our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and interface with regulatory agencies
- Develops and maintains operations business plans to include all customer/company requirements, labor hours, equipment, facility costs, and human resource decisions to enable organization to reach goals
- Establishes, monitors and maintains productivity and quality standards, develops budget and cost controls, and focuses on continuous improvement of the operation
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Reviews operating reports, identifies and directs the resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of operational expenses; manages the facility P&L.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving data for reports, interfacing with other functional areas, and continuous communication with customers.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Monitors activities of work teams to ensure safe practices are always in place and being followed. Monitor building to ensure proper housekeeping is being practiced. Give guidance on safety and security issues, and interface with corporate on all issues
- Ultimately accountable for outcome of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving, picking/packing, and inventory
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput – import deconsolidation/domestic consolidation
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating, palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Heavy focus on e-commerce
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Performs managerial functions, such as, mentoring, coaching, administering performance reviews, conducting disciplinary actions, and interviewing employment candidates
- Engage with staff to develop talent and encourage leadership growth amongst employees
- Drive a high-performance culture characterized by an empowered, highly engaged team
- Position is full time and on-site
Directly supervises 5+ employees and indirectly responsible for 500+ associates in the area of Operations and Transportation. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and working with a business model that has a heavy concentration of temporary employees, due to the volume fluctuations.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 to 15 years of experience in a fast paced transportation and warehousing environment with increasing responsibilities, including:
- Demonstrated expertise in managing transportation, e-commerce and warehousing operations.
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers or lines of business helpful.
- Experience in transportation management, pick-up and delivery, dray, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased customer contracts.
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators throughout operations and holding management and employees accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement models.
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Experience working with remote headquarters and functional resources, ability to build effective relationships, solve problems, and get things done.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team culture.
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3p15RJMVILxMXCquGryeTgr