$10,000 sign-on bonus
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who supervises and oversees all technologists within the molecular department, maintaining acceptable TAT, troubleshoots problems, dealing with clients, etc. The person in this position must have the advanced skills necessary to perform all the duties of a Molecular Diagnostics Technologist III Lead.
- Support PathGroup’s mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with the Human Resources, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Supervise/manage employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Performs all duties of a Molecular Diagnostics Technologist III Lead.
- Manages the ordering and inventory of supplies for the department.
- Responsible for validating and correlations on new equipment and new procedures that pertain to the departments.
- Responsible for the performance calibration verification for all departmental equipment.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance including training of staff when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
- Coordinate the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the compliance guidelines for the laboratory industry.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Must be eligible to obtain a Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
- Over one year supervisory experience is preferred.
- Over six years of prior Laboratory experience preferred.
- Must have proven track record in establishing and maintaining positive and productive physician, employee and client relationships.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?aZd6%2f%2f3trp9fNyEhAy5Q%2bQh