Description of Project
The Office of Higher Education (OHE) has licensed Microsoft Power BI to meet internal and external reporting requirements for program and legislative reporting requirements including SELF Loan, Licensing and Registration, and Research. OHE will initially supplement and eventually replace Tableau and other custom reporting tools.
does not have the internal expertise and resource capacity to setup a secure Power BI report development and cloud infrastructure in the required timeline.
The purpose of this project is to construct PowerBI visualizations; create transactional reports, automated extract files, ad hoc reporting capabilities; and migrate existing Tableau/Crystal reports to PowerBI. In addition, the awarded resource will need to set up and configure the PowerBI Cloud service to support public and secure reports. Data sources will include a SQL based data warehouse and the Microsoft Power Platform(DataVerse) environment. The awarded resource will also perform end-user training/mentoring.
Work is anticipated to be offsite.
MNSITE Request for a Power BI Developer – Staff Augmentation Event
The following document contains the samples tasks and qualifications for this MNSITE Event.
- Design a stable, reliable and effective PowerBI Service environment for public and secure reporting
- Migrate legacy reports to PowerBI
- Create new complex PowerBI custom UI visualizations according to specifications
- Construct automation routines to export data to other mediums (e.g. Excel)
- Liaise with developers to improve reporting functionality and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Lead Power BI training, mentoring and co-development with business area employees
- Ensure all reports meet agency and performance requirements
- Configure and establish best practice security and access management controls around reporting environment
- Develop data refresh strategies sourcing from Azure SQL Server and other applicable data sources
- Deliver daily Project Status Reports to end clients tracking progress to milestones
- Provide knowledge transfer
- Three (3) years’ experience in PowerBI development and administration roles
- A Master’s degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate’s degree substitutes for one year
- Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months in PowerBI Development role
- Proven work experience as a PowerBI developer
- In-depth understanding of the PowerBI environment (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of data warehouses and Azure SQL Server
- Hands on experience with the SQL programming language
- Familiarity with creating custom DAX expressions/functions
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Experience migrating Crystal reports to PowerBI
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLuqlqJEVnKC1Ao