Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Government Compliance Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure company’s compliance with FAR, CAS, GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Oversee government accounting and compliance matters across the company including:
- Preparation and negotiation of incurred cost proposals
- Maintenance of all CAS disclosure statements.
- Submission and audit support of CAS cost impact proposals.
- Manages all government compliance projects.
- Company liaison for DCAA and DCMA supporting audits and inquiries related to, disclosure statements, incurred cost proposals and cost impacts.
- Support special projects including evaluating the impact of potential mergers and acquisitions to the company for compliance with FAR and CAS.
- Demonstrate expertise in successfully managing DCAA (government) audits from ICS submission through negotiating final indirect rates with government stakeholders. Experience with other government audits such as DCAA floor checks, business systems, CAS and post award is a plus.
- Ensure business excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required professional talent.
- Works closely with Pricing, Project Control, Contracts, Purchasing and Financial Planning to maintain consistent and compliant practices across the organization.
- Provides guidance and counsel to divisions and departments regarding internal control aspects of policies and procedures.
- May represent the organization or unit(s) as a prime contact on contracts and/or operations, conduct briefings and financial updates for management and customers, and interact with managers concerning matters of significance to the company.
- Experience with designing indirect rate structures to incorporate the strategic vision of the company that maximize cost recovery.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and 8-12 years of progressively complex experience in finance/accounting with at least ten of those years in management. Must have experience in a commercial or government contractor environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- An MBA in accounting or finance, CPA or CMA certification, major accounting firm experience, and/or experience negotiating accounting issues with government agencies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires a detailed and extensive application of government finance/accounting management principles and practices, including thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Must demonstrate comprehensive accounting management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones is required.
- Must have experience in successfully managing a team of individuals.
- Ability to resolve complex management and accounting problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more accounting management areas, is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer spreadsheets and word processing software.
- CostPoint experience is preferred.
- Self-starter with strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Ability to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel is preferred.
- Ability to function independently, meet deadlines and achieve commitments.
- Experience presenting, negotiating and problem-solving complex concepts with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated flexible approach to work, an understanding of working collaboratively on a team, and the willingness to be an active and supportive member of a cross-functional team.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?1PmWY1t8Ua5yqtSRmfOhbws