Low Frequency Electromagnetics Application Engineer II
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT) is the Southwest’s leading provider of Numerical Simulation, Product Development, and 3D Printing products and services. We are in the business of helping those who make things – make them better. We are professional engineers, salespeople, technicians, and administrators who apply experience, enthusiasm, and a win-win approach to everything we do. We make innovation work.
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE? PADT is currently seeking a full-time Low Frequency Electromagnetics Application Engineer in Tempe, AZ.
Summary: PADT helps innovative companies tackle complex engineering design challenges using leading simulation and rapid prototyping technologies and is currently seeking an Application Engineer with experience in Low-Frequency Electromagnetics and motor design for their technical Simulation Group. The Low-Frequency Electromagnetics Application Engineer will be responsible for helping customers solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The position involves working closely with customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions towide variety of problems is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The functions listed below are representative of what is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with potential and current customers to scope technical soluations that meet and optimize their operational needs
- Collaborate with account managers to identify, advance, and technically drive new opportunity and sustained account support
- Provide, track, and document first level technical support for existing customer accounts and elevate support when appropriate
- Develop, organize, and deliver introductory technical training courses on the use of ANSYS electromagnetic simulation products
- Maintain a general understanding of the breadth of technology provided by all ANSYS product offerings and technical solutions
- Sustain technical proficiency through ANSYS certifications and continual pursuit of personal, technical, and professional growth
- Participate in and support internal marketing initiatives that drive customer engagement, education, and grow technical capacity
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a Minimum Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Requires a Minimum of 2 years experience using ANSYS Maxwell
- Requires a thorough understanding of Low-Frequency Electromagnetic devices, electrical system design and simulation
- Requires experience in Electric Machines/Motors and Drives and Power Electronics
- Experience in Automotive or Industrial Power industries is preferred
- Familiarity with Actuators/Solenoids, Magnetic Sensors/Transformers, and/or Wireless Power Transfer Devices is a plus
- Familiarity with other relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages is a plus
- Familiarity with common programming languages (C, C++, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools to include PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Requires the ability to work effectively in both independent and diverse team environments
- Requires excellent problem solving skills and ability develop practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
- Requires exceptional customer service aptitude, as well as communication and presentation skills
- Available for occasional travel (about 30%)