Antenna Application Engineer II
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc. (PADT) is the Southwest’s leading provider of Numerical Simulation, Product Development, and 3D Printing products and services. We are in the business of helping those who make things – make them better. We are professional engineers, salespeople, technicians, and administrators who apply experience, enthusiasm, and a win-win approach to everything we do. We make innovation work.
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE? PADT is currently seeking a full-time Antenna Application Engineer in Tempe, Arizona.
Summary: PADT helps innovative companies tackle complex engineering design challenges using leading simulation and rapid prototyping technologies and is currently seeking a High-Frequency Electromagnetics Application Engineer for its Simulation Sales and Support
Groups. The Electromagnetics Application Engineer is responsible for helping customers solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. The position involves working closely with customers and internal teams in a consultative and supportive technical role. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The functions listed below are representative of what is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with potential and current customers to scope technical solutions that meet and optimize their operational needs
- Collaborate with account managers to identify, advance, and technically drive new opportunity and sustained account support
- Provide, track, and document first level technical support for existing customer accounts and elevate support when appropriate
- Develop, organize, and deliver introductory technical training courses on the use of ANSYS electromagnetic simulation products
- Maintain a general understanding of the breadth of technology provided by all ANSYS product offerings and technical solutions
- Sustain technical proficiency through ANSYS certifications and continual pursuit of personal, technical, and professional growth
- Participate in and support internal marketing initiatives that drive customer engagement, education, and grow technical capacity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Fundamental understanding of microwave, RF, antenna, and general high-frequency electromagnetics concepts
- Minimum of 3 months experience using ANSYS HFSS (can be obtained in a university setting)
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and diverse team environments
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability develop practical engineering solutions to difficult problems
- Exceptional customer service aptitude, as well as communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools to include PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Available for occasional travel (about 20%)
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Experience with electromagnetics simulation for real-world industry applications
- Experience with ANSYS SBR+ (Savant) and/or EMIT
- Familiarity with common programming languages (C, C++, Python, etc.)