Oxbow Animal Health, a growing manufacturer and global distributor of premium nutritional foods and supplements for small animals, is seeking a talented individual to ensure effective and timely implementation of all logistics operations. Oxbow provides a fun, team-oriented environment where employees can realize personal and professional success and growth.
- Associates degree in Logistics or related field preferred, equivalent work experience acceptable
- 5+ years of logistics and warehousing experience
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, vendors and customers
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Basic math and computer skills to include proficiency with MS Office products
- Ability to work with hay and hay-based products
- Ability to bend, twist and lift 65 pounds while working
- Ability to operate a forklift and other equipment needed to move material
Ensure effective and timely implementation of all logistics operations including the planning and scheduling of inbound shipments. Ensure accurate and timely completion of shipping and receiving transactions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the Transportation Coordinator and Warehouse Supervisors to ensure daily dock capacity is not exceeded.
- Help coordinate receipts and customer returns with the Receiving team and ensure things are completed out properly systematically, and product is handled appropriately.
- Ensure transfers from cost center to cost center are coordinated and properly closed systematically.
- Work with Warehouse Supervisors to minimize warehouse related chargebacks.
- Help the shipping team with proper loading of outbound shipments to include load maps and pallet counts.
- Ensure all trailers are properly checked in/out and ensure all paperwork is completed by loaders/unloaders.
- Manage storage trailer check in/out, movements and ensure inventory on these trailers is accurate at all times.
- Ensure dock team is aware of the workload for the day and are aware of all in and outbound shipments that are available throughout the day.
- Communicate regularly with the warehouse team to ensure loads are picked, staged, containerized, shipping labels applied, packing list attached to the cargo and remainder of shipping documents prepared.
- Ensure all shipments have the correct paperwork and documentation provided per DOT/Purchasing requirements.
- Ensure international shipments are built to compliance standards to adhere to regulatory and customer standards.
- Work with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure all truck, hay and container shipments are unloaded timely so that container and detention fees are avoided.
- Responsible for covering Transportation responsibilities in the absence of the Transportation Coordinator.
- Confirm destruction of product and communicate with appropriate parties about
- Properly file inbound and outbound shipment documentation.
- Support the monitoring of continuous improvement processes.
- Adhere to company safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follow all food safety & sanitary transport procedures.
- Serve as back-up to other warehouse staff members as needed.
- Help monitor appropriate inventory reports and ensure location and inventory issues are addressed timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3p15RJMVILzIGficlSIOAwr