- Administers care within scope of practice and per Emergency Department policies.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for review by a nurse.
- Assists nursing staff to identify physical, psychosocial, age-specific, and cultural considerations of each patient.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, or emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Collaborates with care team, reports and records observations, and follows directives.
- Performs the following procedures: CPR, splinting, blood draws, EKGs, start peripheral IVs, RSV/Flu swabs, urinary catheter insertion, and hangs plain IVFs as directed.
- Transports telemetry monitored patients.
- May transport patients with blood infusing that was initiated prior to transport.
- May be required to complete order entry and maintain accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Works under the supervision of a registered nurse, physician, or mid-level provider.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- Paramedic – Licensed Paramedic in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS – Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required upon hire AND
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Healthcare Provider required upon hire AND
- PALS – Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required upon hire
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
RESPECT – We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK – We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION – We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE – We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE – We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Associated topics: emergency department, emt, emt basic, life, medic, patient transport, technician i, technician iv, technician basic, technician emergency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDVJCeJ%2fU0UulAw