- Prepares the massage room for professional atmostphere i.e. lighting, temperatures, aromas, and water elements.
- Ensures proper sanitation of the massage room and equipment.
- Performs the massage service according to clients’ desired level of pressure.
- Understands special needs for different populations and modifies massage techniques appropriately.
- Ability to work with all ages and special populations both on site and for off site events/healthfairs.
- Upholds all policies and procedures of Owensboro Health while being responsive and sensitive to individual client needs.
- Ensures professionalism in demeanor and appearance including neatly trimmed fingernails to prevent scratching.
- Wears Healthpark uniform while performing massage duties.
- Ensures that all clients are comfortable and covered to respect personal modesty.
- Communicates to client to ensure that the technique is appropriate for client and that the client is comfortable.
- Develops and implements effective administrative client tracking systems and maintains client records.
- Responds to comments and suggestions on the client evaluation survey and takes appropriate actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with front desk and clients regarding appointment scheduling and therapist availability.
- Works closely with the Healthpark Director, Manager of Business Operations, and Marketing to develop and implement effective marketing plans and promotions.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- MASSAGE – Licensed as a Massage Therapist in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid Certification required within 90 days of employment in this position
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Constantly
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Constantly
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
RESPECT – We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK – We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION – We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE – We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE – We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Associated topics: acupressure, aromatheraphy, home care, licensed, lmt, masajista, professional, sports massage, swedish, therapy
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?CVZSAZ%2b0O0dS%2bVV3FVmqywb