- Communicates the hospital s mission, vision, and values, as well as department goals to staff.
- Takes ownership of patient satisfaction for the Cardiac Cath and Non-Invasive Labs; promotes awareness and engages staff to strive for top results.
- Actively participates in service, department, and hospital-wide committees as assigned.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or enhancements to expand and improve patient services.
- Manages the allocation of personnel resources and other finite resources with regards to budget responsibility and productivity measures.
- Promotes a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Facilitates a responsible fiscal management strategy; ensures the proper utilization of financial resources through the development and adherence to an approved budget.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base of organizational and industry trends; ensures staff is informed and knowledgeable of events, activities, and trends relevant to them.
- Attends required safety training programs; facilitates a safe environment for staff and patients; follows established protocols for patient and workplace safety.
- Demonstrates and ensures staff demonstrate the level of respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, fellow employees and physicians to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- Defines performance objectives and metrics for the department and assesses the level of competence of staff.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with all regulatory, accrediting agencies, and hospital policies for patient care services, to include environmental and personnel safety.
- Understands state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines and protocols pertinent to the provision of patient care.
- Facilitates the operations of a 24/7 facility.
- If Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing required upon hire OR
- If registered as a Radiologic Technologist, Associate’s degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
- If registered as a Radiologic Technologist, Associate’s degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience required
- RN – Licensed as a Registered Nurse. Eligible to practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required upon hire OR
- RT(R) – Registered as a Radiological Technologist in Radiology required upon hire AND
- ROC – Radiation Operator Certification in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS – Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 45 days of employment in this position AND
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 12 months of employment in this position
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, operational, and leadership skills.
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
RESPECT – We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK – We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION – We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE – We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE – We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, chf, congestive, electrophysiology, failure, heart, hhp, interventional, non interventional, non invasive
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUogob758Cdx%2bwx