Accounts Receivable Representative
Be a part of the GROWING workforce at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Recognized as a Top 50 Internet and a Top 50 Catalog Retailer, we promote fun in how we take care of our employees, empower our employees to take care of our customers, and trust our customers to take care of spreading the word. Everything else simply takes care of itself.
As our Accounts Receivable Representative, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of W9’s, completion of payment vouchers, maintaining sales tax exemption status, refunds to customers for overpayments, credits, and cash applications as assigned, within established policies and procedures, and within assigned limits. The Accounts Receivable Representative position will be assigned various A/R duties, including, but not limited to duties listed below.
- Review all held refunds, printed checks, ensuring credits are correct, voiding checks and re-issuing refund checks as necessary, obtaining copies of cashed refund checks when needed, and stop payment requests.
- Communicates information on refund checks, invoices, and account status. Sends out invoice reprints per customer request. Document all correspondence with customer in customer’s message screen in the system.
- Return payment voucher’s, maintain sales tax exempt certificates within Vertex and issue W-9 forms as required.
- Work payment exceptions, post payments to customer’s accounts, to orders holding, and release orders for shipment. Daily deposit, research bank corrections, and unidentifiable on-account payments.
- Posts credit card payments to customers account. Adjusts customer account using various transaction codes from credit memos, merchandise certificates, bad-debt write-off, recovery adjustments, etc.
- Assist with PayPal and BML related issues on settlement, customer disputes, and authorization removals.
- Corresponds with third party collection agencies. Obtain approval from guarantee vendor on shipments exceeding establish dollar floor limits. Post back to customer’s account all NSF checks returned from bank. Prepare and forward all checks guaranteed to vendor. Follows up with vendor to insure timely reimbursement of all checks guaranteed. Post reimbursement check from vendor to proper accounts.
- Various month end reports.
- Assist customers by taking phone calls and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Some education beyond high school preferred
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience
- Previous experience with cash application preferred
Apply in less than ten minutes at
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company ( ), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?M36wRmTx3%2fZJKZ9AB%2fCluwb