Responsible for providing patient-oriented service in a clinical or front office setting; performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care, including greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, collecting patient co-pays and insurance payments, processing paperwork, and performing other front office duties as required in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment.
- Greets patients and directs them to appropriate departments
- Answers multiple phone lines; directs calls and takes messages as needed
- Verifies patient information and insurance eligibility; collects payments
- Directs patients to complete forms and processes patient-related paperwork
- Informs provider’s assistant of no shows and cancellations
- Makes follow-up appointments for patients and calls patients to confirm appointments
- Contacts “bumped” patients and reschedules appointments as appropriate
- Performs various front-office duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment, as assigned
- Minimum: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience
- Minimum: Experience working with the public
- Preferred: Over 1 year of experience and up to and including 3 years of experience
- Experience in medical reception and customer service
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?UO46q7c3dMwgXyrzl7JMxgk