Manager/Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our CMCs Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros’ proprietary G proteincoupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage global supply chain activities for product portfolio to ensure continued supply for the franchise, optimize inventory, monitor safety stock levels, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals
- Identify and qualify suppliers of raw materials and components, on an as needed basis
- Purchase raw materials and components for commercial manufacturing operations
- Act as a key liaison between various internal stakeholders (Regulatory Affairs, QA, Finance, Marketing, others) on developing a forecast and plan production accordingly with suppliers, CMO’s across the various key elements of the supply chain
- Manage end-to-end supply chain activities – Commercial and certain clinical programs
- Lead end-to-end supply chain activities, including at third-party logistics warehouse, while keeping the various stakeholders appropriately engaged
- Lead/participate business reviews with key contract manufacturing org’s (CMO) and suppliers
- Oversee technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations and third-party vendors, on an as-needed basis
- Perform basic financial analyses
- Identify supply chain risks and pro-actively take steps to mitigate
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory filings
Education, Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- BS/BA degree in Science (chemistry, biology, engineering) or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of overall experience is required; a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a pharma or biotech company managing global contract manufacturing and lab organizations is highly desired
- Experience working with biological products and global supply chain logistics highly desired
- PMI PMP certification desired
- Serialization experience (EU-FMD, DSCSA) is desired
- Experience working in a cross functional environment, including batch record reviews of drug product and secondary packaging operations preferred
- Experience with people management, a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS PowerPoint required
- Working knowledge of MS Project and Oracle is desired
- A demonstrated ability to present, influence, collaborate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment to deliver results is required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated initiative are also required
- Familiarity with US and EU regulatory submissions (e.g. IND, NDA, MAA, etc)
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and management skills and be able to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, subordinates, and external contract organizations
- The individual must write well, demonstrate proficiency preparing regulatory documents, and display exceptional analytical solving skills
- The individual may perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- The employee is occasionally required to travel overnight
Physical Demands Required:
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?BgXtmRZH7LSjHgFcFWas0Qs