Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Senior Research Associate, Research and Development, contributes to AAV technology advancement, evaluation and implementation to enable safe and efficacious gene therapy strategies for Novartis Gene Therapies portfolio programs.
- Executes assays to analyze in vitro and in vivo samples for AAV characterization, function, immunogenicity and stability with techniques such as PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, IHC/IF, and ELISA/MSD.
- Develops and implements new immortalized/primary/iPS cell-based assays to evaluate new AAV constructs.
- Liaise with other functional groups (molecular biology, in vivo and potency assay, and process science) to coordinate experiments.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods, assays and technologies for project advancement. Make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- Supports and manages the procurement process, use and maintenance of scientific equipment.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cell Biology, or related scientific discipline with 4 years research experience or 7 years of equivalent education/experience may be accepted.
- Experience with cell/molecular biology with techniques including PCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR analysis, ELISA/MSD/ Western-Blot, cell culture, transfection, viral transduction.
- Candidates with experience in gene therapy, NGS methods, genomics, histology and complex tissue and handling analysis are preferred.
- Experience as a bench/wet-lab scientist with experience in gene therapy, cell and molecular biology methods, rodent models and tissue handling and processing for biochemical, genetic and molecular characterization.
- Ability to organize and work independently.
- Advanced oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintaining records to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Publications and/or demonstrable experience desired.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?aZd6%2f%2f3trp%2fx%2fwvpxeTbtAh