Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
Novartis Gene Therapies (GTx) is seeking a Maintenance Planner who is responsible for planning work for all equipment in a Biopharmaceutical processing plant. This planning will include creating equipment records, developing maintenance plans and scheduling work to coincide with the production schedule.
- Provide Technical Support for Maintenance Resources and Reliability Maintenance Teams.
- Handle special projects and activities as assigned.
- Accountable for deployment and sustainability of site maintenance programs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations. People safety and Product Quality.
- Ensure adequate level of technical expertise to maintain an effective operation.
- Participate in the business planning and budgeting process.
- Develop short and long-term cost containment/reduction strategies.
- Effectively work with plant production scheduling, operations, and other contracted services to achieve GTx business goals.
- Coordinate, communicate, and interpret policy for technicians to ensure that maintenance work is thoroughly planned, scheduled, scoped, estimated, and are properly staffed and implemented in accordance to plan.
- Maintain an understanding of the department’s strengths, weaknesses, and resources, identifying potential organizational problems and opportunities. Communicate and reinforce roles and responsibilities of the team and how they support Company/Plant/Department strategies.
- Analyze work orders by size, urgency, skill set, location, complexity, and available manpower; and assist operations teams by issuing work orders in a sequential flow to individual technicians or work teams. Coordinate the engagement and direction of appropriate subcontractors.
- Provide regular statistical reporting to the management team and client showing quantities evidence of the productive use of the work force.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive administrative and technical background attained through Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology or equivalent experience.
- 4 years’ related experience.
- Broad exposure to several technical disciplines, such as power transmission, lubrication technology, and electrical/electronic control systems.
- Maintenance experience in a technical capacity with biopharmaceutical processing equipment including; bioreactors, filtration systems, fillers, Clean Room Air Systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other applicable computer software.
- Experience with CMMS Maintenance and Materials Management functionality.
- Experience in developing maintenance plans for both preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Experience in Reliability Centered Maintenance Techniques and application to manufacturing equipment.
- Extensive experience in Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques and application.
- Experience participating in the budget process (creation and delivery).
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.