Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Director, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is responsible for influencing, and managing the integration of diversity & inclusion expertise and principles into P&O (HR) and business processes and programs globally. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the Novartis D&I strategy within Gene Therapies (GTx) through influence, thought leadership and data-driven insights and demonstrating how it enables success with the business priorities. The Director is a member of the Novartis US D&I LT, providing consultative support and working closely with GTx People & Organization Leadership Team, GTx P&O Partner community and key associate groups and leaders across the organization. Additionally, they will play a key role in integrating strategic principles of D&I into Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Development and Rewards in partnership with other members of P&O to support GTx in embedding key D&I principles, behaviors and strategic intent to influence mindset and culture. They ensure D&I strategy is driven by current and future business needs (e.g., transformative innovation, psychological safety), creating a link between GTx and enterprise-wide D&I efforts. They ensure GTx leaders / managers understand, role model, and are held accountable for D&I actions and outcomes (e.g., balanced gender representation, inclusive behaviors.)
- D&I thought leader and subject matter expert for GTx; reveal areas of need, identify best practices and provide insights based on data.
- Partner with GTx P&O and business stakeholders, TODI, and the D&I community to design against GTx unique needs in D&I and execute initiatives outlined in the NVS D&I strategy and ensure sustainable outcomes
- Design and Lead critical GTx specific D&I initiatives and projects as appropriate
- Activate business ownership and accountability through clear communication, network building, and expert influencing skills; use data to demonstrate how D&I enables business and people strategies.
- Ensure close collaboration with relevant P&O colleagues in Talent Acquisition, Rewards, and talent management as appropriate
- Measure and communicate GTx D&I KPIs, benchmarked against internal and external success measures, as part of broader P&O metrics reporting
- Member of the Novartis D&I US Leadership Team and regular connection with Global Head D&I for Novartis
- Act as connector and integrator within GTx and across the enterprise to ensure a consistent employee experience of D&I strategy with outcomes driven by current and future business needs
- Partner with P&O and business leaders to identify challenges and opportunities, conceptualizing, designing, implementing and tracking successful interventions/solutions, and tracking/reporting key diversity metrics.
- Provide thought leadership on Global Diversity & Inclusion issues in relationship to Novartis, GTx and P&O strategies
- Serve as a D&I expert and thought leader – acts as an ambassador for D&I GTx.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years relevant experience; 4 years applied D&I experience with additional organizational development/behavioural economics experience preferred.
- Understands global/local trends and changes. Proven ability to apply D&I principles to drive business results.
- Proven ability to be a catalyst for change and frame new directions in understandable and inspiring terms.
- In depth understanding of key processes in HR and D&I and their connections and interactions.
- Understanding of change management process and ability to facilitate process through completion.
- Ability to analyse complex business situations and processes and derive solutions.
- A distinguished experience within the D&I arena, with excellent credentials and subject matter expertise in at least two key focus areas – gender, people with disabilities, generations and cultures.
- Ability to identify partners and forge relationships with key external organization/constituencies to enhance reputation.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?lC9SPxxGM%2fjyk3DGYfTTzAd