Rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Notre Dame Health Care (NDHC) is committed to the physical, spiritual, and emotional care of our residents and patients. As one of Worcester’s largest healthcare organizations , NDHC provides long term/skilled rehab care, residential assisted living care, adult/pediatric hospice and palliative care, and education, tutoring, and citizenship courses to hundreds of residents/patients every year. Located off the shores of Lake Qunsigamond within the woods of the Worcester Land Trust.
1. Responsible for the planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care for terminally ill patients and their family members from day of admission through day of discharge.
2. Utilizes, recommends and follows physician’s orders and the state Nurse Practice Act.
3. Develops, updated and implements a hospice plan that meets each patient’s specific needs and is in compliance with federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
4. Supervises Hospice Aides to include overseeing and revising hospice plan of care.
5. Managing frequencies of the interdisciplinary team as it pertains to the patients POC
6. Active participant of the IDT meetings.
7. Manages cost and quality of care as well as adherence to formulary medications, DME, services and medical supplies.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Massachusetts.
Experience as an RN commensurate with one of the following:
One year acute care experience within the last two years; or
One year home health care experience within the last two years; or
One year community health or public health experience within the last two years;
One year hospice experience within the last two years.