Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Big Springs Lodge has multiple food options served both indoor and outdoor at this mid-mountain location with a perfect atmosphere for snow enthusiasts and summer thrill seekers.
Nestled in the Sierra Nevada Mountains Northstar is just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, making it easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer from this world class resort as a home base. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World” & Vail Resorts one of the world’s 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the oversight of shifts in the absence of theExecutive Chef/Chef de Cuisine
- Expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads their team by example and motivates the team
- Is a role model and advocate for the company mission and core values
- Ensures staffing levels, grooming standards and guest service levels are executed at a high level
- Assigning team duties, breaks and adjusting as needed
- Communicates with team members in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Ensures all communication, standards, policies and expectations are communicated to their team and then executed flawlessly
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper labor management and cost control
- Ability to maintain the teams and his/her own composure during peak operating periods
- Has a defined plan to complete company leadership training
- Communicates with commissary to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, return to stocks, including variances, spoilage and excess inventories
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability of product or direction from Supervisor
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- Valid CA Food Handlers Card is required.
- Be able to lift 11-25 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at work station.
- Be able to work variable hours as needed including weekends and holidays.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.”
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 261707
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?VYVRpdZCwW%2bkXXeWwcg8Cwt