Location: Redondo Beach, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Staff Engineer Optical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Electronics & Payloads Directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support and develop a remote sensing analysis testbed to perform physically realistic, radiance-based end-to-end simulations of sensors and remote sensing products
• Develop modeling and simulation strategies to develop sensor mission requirements, characterize sensor performance, and validate remote sensing algorithms, sensors and products
• Incorporate and quantify radiative models, atmospheric models and surface models for remote sensing to support scene radiance simulations and to represent physical properties of atmospheric and surface effects• Work on different system phases from sensor requirements definition, utility analysis and trades, sensor performance prediction, risk analyses, verification and validation, calibration and anomaly resolution. For sensors that span the electromagnetic spectrum.
• Work with an innovative team that solves unique problems while using and further developing validated models and tools
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit: URL: Unique ID: elepay LosAngelesSpace
Basic Qualifications:• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 14 years of experience simulating EO/IR performance and products in an aerospace environment; or 12 years of experience simulating EO/IR performance and products in an aerospace environment with a STEM Master’s degree; or 9 years of experience simulating EO/IR performance and products in an aerospace environment with a STEM PhD
• Analytical programming experience in Matlab or Python and C, C++ or FORTRAN
• Working knowledge of radiative transfer models and radiative transfer theory
• Working knowledge of atmospheric analysis, atmospheric aerosol and land surface type data sets and spectral library datasets
• Working knowledge of satellite data products and associated derived products
• Candidate must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level
Preferred Qualifications:• PhD Degree in Physics or Astrophysics
• Ability to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, or the ability to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?DvjDPTF85Wz6etpZ5tbbhAj