SHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida – North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction ™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health’s Top 100 Hospitals in 2017.
Nurse Manager of Cardiac Services
The Clinical Manager is responsible for day to day provision of care rendered to patients in the department, assists with oversight of daily operations, manages all staff members in the department and works closely with medical staff members. Maintains an active role in community education and serves as a resource to the Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
- Actively participates in appropriate department and hospital committees and ensures that unit personnel are involved as appropriate
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs
- Assumes administrative responsibility for the provision of services on designated shift in collaboration with other members of the management team. Formulates staff schedule along with the department Director.
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions. Communicates directly with department Director on unit and staff issues needing attention.
- Collaborates with preceptors and new employees to facilitate new employees becoming part of the team
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice, including equipment operation and policies/procedures used in the delivery of patient care. Maintains awareness of current developments and trends in nursing practice.
- Ensures repair and maintenance problems are reported promptly
- Ensures all quality checks are conducted within given time frame, to include but not limited to refrigerator/freezer temperatures, crash cart, blanket warmer checks, and other unit-specific quality indicators
- Implements active case management of the patient’s healthcare process for all patients under supervision
- Assists with clinical procedures as needed
- Performs data collection and analysis for decision-making. Seeks opportunities to improve care or system processes; incorporates performance improvement principles and data.
- 2 to 3 years hospital clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required from an accredited institution.
- Must be enrolled in BSN program.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At North Florida Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?RGmwf82kk8OG9NEwry3VJgb