The Director of Transportation Operations provides the day-to-day direction, oversight, and implementation of the operations for the transportation management business unit at NFI. This position reports to the VP of Transportation Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the transportation business unit, including customer and carrier relations, and all internal operational functions.
- Lead the initiative to develop, manage and execute the Company’s transportation management strategy among the three operating entities: NFI, NDC and NFIL. Work to increase synergy between transportation management operations and the other NFI organizations.
- Develop and implement new strategies, services and tactical business plans and ensure the necessary resources are in place to fulfill customer’s need and contract obligations from an operations perspective.
- Candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset and posses the ability to effectively align with business groups to enable positive and stable business growth.
- Provide strong leadership to all functions of the business and build a “service/customer oriented” culture. Reinforce throughout the entire organization, the desire and commitment to the highest levels of customer service and achieve a high level of cost efficiency. Communicate and demonstrate this commitment to all customers.
- Evaluate current operational procedures and processes. Establish new procedures and implement improvements where required. Make sure all new procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the organization.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to all clients regardless of the account size. Make sure all Service Level Agreements and Performance Metrics are met or exceeded.
- Manage the selection, development, motivation and retention of the staff required to grow and develop the operational aspects of the transportation management business.
- Ensure Company Policies and procedures are supported throughout the corporate and field operations.
- Assist with both short and long term forecasting of operational resource requirements for transportation management.
- Conduct evaluation of current team and provide mentoring to his/her team.
- Remain current on industry trends and provide strategic recommendations to management that will put NFI Transportation Management on the “cutting edge.”
- Bachlors degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in the transportation operations with a proven track record of success
- Familiar with a variety of transportation concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate organization visions and values
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of planning, organizational, analytical, and financial skills
- Provide on-call support 24/7 for the dispatch group
- Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point as well as the essential TMS systems for NFI Brokerage.
- Conceptual, strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Prior profit and loss responsibility preferred
- Independent, must be able to work with little direction or structure and able to work effectively with all verticals within NFI and the sales team
- Strong work ethic; e.g. “roll-up-your sleeves’ leader
- Hands-on, customer driven focus
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?09KdbbZOjuZq6y5bgJNvuAv