We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Extend the visibility, awareness and understanding of Newsmax and the Newsmax brand through strategic placement of topical stories, in-depth coverage and profile pieces
- Position Newsmax talent as subject matter experts for inclusion on Sunday news programs, panels, speaking opportunities and other vehicles which raise the company profile and enhance company credibility while reaching mass audiences
- Identify opportunities to expose Newsmax content to out-of-home viewers
- Ensure a positive public image and perception of Newsmax is sustained and enhanced, through the strategic dissemination of stories, coverage angles, proof of performance notices, and all other standard public relations tools.
- Enhance media and audience engagement by generally raising awareness of network through off-channel promotional opportunities, including participation in and/or sponsorship of key events, conferences, community engagements, et al.
- Collaborate with marketing and advertising staff to ensure marketing campaigns are consistent with the organization’s public image.
- Develop and implement a long-term plan to communicate the company’s mission statement internally and externally.
- Draft and implement crisis management strategies to mitigate negative media exposure and other similar risks; coach executives and talent as needed on talking points and the handling of questions, etc..
- Compose, review and/or distribute press releases and other public-facing communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of public relation principles and strategies as they relate to network and cable television, as well as streaming platforms and digital media used in support of those outlets
- Demonstrated evidence of a well-developed network of contacts among the media which cover national television, spanning digital, print (newspaper and magazine), radio and television
- Exceptional presentation and pitching skills, and the ability to create compelling story lines and decks to raise interest in company assets
- Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to craft content in a journalistic style that is customary for external publications.
- Nimble in responding to ad hoc opportunities to spread awareness of company based on organizational excellence in covering stories and/or high profile guest bookings
- Experience with brand positioning, and how to represent a specific point-of-view to differentiate company from competitors
- Proficient with the various software and tools used by public relations professionals to craft and distribute content
- Evidence of success in prior positions in elevating awareness and media coverage of a related business or media outlet
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field preferred; advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of experience in public relations or marketing at a company which has been directly connected to media organizations
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3p15RJMVILxIh2eMV5jW3Qr