The Regional Placement Coordinator works as part of a team to assist in locating and identifying the most appropriate out of home placements for state committed children. The position requires ongoing collaboration and communication with the Department for Community Based Services and private placement providers during the referral process for placement. Limited travel required. The Regional Placement Coordinator is a positive team player that promotes a culture of inclusion and participation. Until further notice, this is a work from home/remote opportunity but will return to an in-office position when it is deemed safe.
Funded fully by Federal and Cabinet for Health and Family Services funds
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or other bachelor’s with commensurate experience
- Valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working with children and families
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive information from the Department for Community Based Services on children needing out-of-home placement and make referrals based on the needs of the children and the resources available to meet those needs
- Communicate with the Department for Community Based Services staff, placement staff, and others as needed to facilitate the process; to include written and verbal communication including involvement in conference calls
- Maintain and ensure written records of contacts, referrals, and placements are updated in the Children’s Review Program database
- Attend regular trainings and meetings with Department for Community Based Services, Children’s Review Program, and others when necessary; requires limited traveling
- Consult with the statewide placement office regarding unmet needs, program issues, updates and/or ways to improve efficiency due to environment changes
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?yjVt0eD09dK37D6B32qnzQp