The Re-Entry Case Manager will provide reintegration services to inmates with moderate to severe opioid use disorder (OUD) or co-occurring (OUD/SMI), who are serving at or paroled from North Point Training Center. The Case Manager will work with the Department of Corrections (DOC) staff to identify those inmates who meet the criteria for moderate to severe OUD or co-occurring OUD/SMI. The focus will include all inmates without regard to the county of residence upon release. The Case Manager will require knowledge of prison culture, safety issues, OUD and SMI symptoms and best practice, community resources, legal barriers, including those for Veterans, etc. The Re-Entry Case Manager is a positive team player who promotes a culture of inclusion and participation.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or another human services field
- One-year experience working in the human services field
- Must complete a case management or service coordinator certification program offered and approved by the state within six months of employment
- Valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation and proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of substance abuse disorders, mental health issues and community supports
- Knowledge of recovery-based interventions in case management services
- Knowledge of prison culture, safety issues, OUD and SMI symptoms and best practice, community resources (including those for Veterans), legal barriers, etc.
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?HStj3Y5r4kdq6Q0NegefYwl