New Vista is a private, not-for-profit community mental health center home-based in Lexington, Kentucky. We serve 17 counties and have specialty programs throughout the state and typically serve over 25,000 adults and children through its primary service corporation. We are excited to announce that we have recently been awarded a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center (CCBHC) grant and are looking for a Peer Support Specialist Therapeutic Rehabilitation Program to join our Team. The CCBHC will give New Vista the ability to incorporate primary care into our treatment model along with many other services like a rural Assertive Community Treatment team, enhanced crisis services and new outreach teams. The grant dollars will be used to establish the new CCBHC model in Clark, Estill, Madison, Powell and Fayette counties. If you are an innovative, passionate professional seeking a position to serve in a mission driven, non-profit organization, we encourage you to apply.
The Therapeutic Rehabilitation Peer Support Specialist will provide non-clinical services. It is designed for an individual who has been in receipt of services for mental health difficulties and is willing to share and use their experiences, knowledge, and first-hand insight to the benefit of the clients served. The Specialist functions as a fully integrated team member to provide expertise about the recovery process, symptom management, and the persistence required by clients to have a satisfying life. The Specialist collaborates to promote a team culture that recognizes, understands, and respects each client’s point of view, experiences, and preferences. The Specialist is responsible to maximize client choice, self-determination and decision making in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of treatment. Provides peer counseling and consultation to individual clients, families, and team staff; acts as a liaison with community resources; carries out rehabilitation and support functions. Under the supervision of the TRP Team Leader. The Therapeutic Rehabilitation Peer Support Specialist is a positive team player that promotes a culture of inclusion and participation.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Currently certified in good standing as a certified Kentucky Peer Specialist or must complete a certification program approved by the state within six months of hire
- Valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation, proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- One-year experience providing peer support services
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as an active member of the treatment team
- Advocate for services requested by the individual
- Assist in cultivating the individual’s ability to make informed, independent choices, to set goals/objectives and assist in gaining information and support from the community
- Plan activities with the individual that lead to improved self-concepts through empowerment and self-determination opportunities
- Act as a teacher and role model of behavioral health recovery and assist with the development of effective communication with other providers
- Assist individuals in the development of Wellness Recovery Action Plans, Advance Directives for Mental Health Treatment, and/or crisis plans to avoid hospitalization
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?SIrvryxrxsl%2bfFV4n4zoIQy