Licensed Practical Nurse
Hazelwood ICF, 1800 Old Bluegrass AVE, Louisville, KY 40
6 a.m. to 7 p.m. – 37.5 hours per week
The Nursing Department functions in a collaborative relationship with other departments to provide treatment to the people who live at Bluegrass Hazelwood. The Nursing Department supports people living inclusive lives in the environment offering the least restrictions. All services provided are at the highest standard of professional practice, complying with standards by both federal and state regulations and facility policies.
Required Education and Experience
Must possess a Licensed Practical Nurse diploma and a valid Licensed Practical Nurse license issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing or a state Nursing Board in the “Compact State Agreement”.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(1) Under the supervision of an RN Supervisor/RN, performs nursing delegated duties in the care of ill or injured clients.
(2) Prepares, administers, and charts medication.
(3) Performs medical treatment instructed by the physician.
(4) Gives injections.
(5) Administers G-tube feedings and care.
(6) Accepts and accounts for drugs and equipment. Explains medication purposes, dosages, and possible side effects to clients and others. Follows clients’ self administration of medication programs as outlined.
(7) Keeps general administrative operations records as required. Performs simple maintenance on medical treatment equipment.
(8) Gathers preliminary medical information from client for physician. Reports unusual incidents with staff or clients.
(9) Assists the physician in examinations.
(10) Takes temperatures, pulses, and respirations and records on clients’ charts. Provides first aide for minor injuries.
(11) Attends in-service training programs and participates in drills for and responds to facility emergencies. (12) Learn and follow all policies and procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee would be required to participate in self-care skill training with clients on occasion and assist in other staff in a time of crisis using the approved reactive strategies. The employee must be able to participate and demonstrate their knowledge of approved crisis management procedures. Refer to Essential Demands.
Annual Nursing Competencies
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Will work shift and have days off according to work schedule posted by Director of Nursing (must be able to flex hours/work overtime as needed). This is a 36 hour work week position.
Travel may be expected to cover nursing staff at the Community Homes location.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?w%2fWwPkzN6ZYgJl55ZHjmYQt