The Facilities Maintenance Associate is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks both ongoing and preventative. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.).
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s licesne, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Collaborate regarding task assignment as assigned by Maintenance Associate Supervisor
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switched and outlets, bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting lock and handles, etc.)
- Reconfigure, install, position and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare surfaces and paint various structures and equipment to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools.
- Order parts and maintain required documents
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
- Attend required trainings
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?xDbJxnf7Dplc2OT0XwFo0Qg