New Vista is a private, not-for-profit community mental health center home-based in Lexington, Kentucky. We serve 17 counties and have specialty programs throughout the state and typically serve over 25,000 adults and children through its primary service corporation. We are excited to announce that we have recently been awarded a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center (CCBHC) grant and are looking for a Behavioral Health Associate Therapeutic Rehabilitation Program to join our Team. The CCBHC will give New Vista the ability to incorporate primary care into our treatment model along with many other services like a rural Assertive Community Treatment team, enhanced crisis services and new outreach teams. The grant dollars will be used to establish the new CCBHC model in Clark, Estill, Madison, Powell and Fayette counties. If you are an innovative, passionate professional seeking a position to serve in a mission driven, non-profit organization, we encourage you to apply.
The role of the Therapeutic Rehabilitation Behavioral Health Associate position includes, providing essential duties of operating the TRP program under the supervision of the Program Director. Assisting with providing services that are designed for the reduction in disabilities related to social, personal, and daily living skills, as well as the restoration of these skills. The BHA will have billable tasks that are necessary for efficient functioning of the program. When working in the outpatient office, the Behavioral Health Associate provides clinical services for individuals and families that present for treatment. Services include however not limited to; treatment planning, crisis intervention, risk assessment, on-going assessments, client education, individual, family, group and collateral therapy and referral and advocacy.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services
- Valid driver’s license, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Health Administration, Public Policy Administration, Health Communications or related field
- Experience working in a mental health setting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Program Director with program needs and services
- Assist individuals with building relationships with community partners
- Assist with implementing treatment plans based on assessments data as well as knowledge base of standards of professional practice and principles of their respected discipline
- Provide services as documented in treatment plans
- Assist with daily meal preparations
- Provide leadership in recreational and educational group/individual sessions
- Assist clients with therapy homework as needed
- Provide support to clients beyond group therapy
- Responsible for facilitating and engaging clients in program
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?tIfNKiSXLe4ocbidvlLndgu