This is a Direct hire in the Louisville Area for a Business Intelligence Administrator .
No Corp to Corp, H1B Visa and No Sponsorship Provided- must reside in the Louisville area
The Business Intelligence Administrator coordinates the strategic and tactical implementations of Business Intelligence products.
- Installation, configuration of the entire Microstrategy Suite including Intelligence Server Administration, Configuring Memory Settings, Performance Monitoring, Scheduling, Creating New Users, Security Roles, Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Enterprise Manager, Command Manager, Library and Hyperintelligence. Document procedures, institute and socialize standards and best practices.
- Upgrading between various versions of Microstrategy in Dev, QA, STG and Prod
- Troubleshooting SQL generated by the MicroStrategy SQL Generation Engine, for example locating which pass results in data discrepancies, or locating inefficient or incorrect joins that may cause performance issues.
- Work with Enterprise Software Architects, Database Architects, and the Application Development teams to establish agreed upon service level agreements and disaster recovery procedures for the BI environments.
- Assist in data quality research, process automation and user acceptance testing.
- Train Power users in use of MicroStrategy as needed to effectively leverage the data warehouse and business intelligence platform.
- Maintain and modify existing projects, applications and reports as required. This includes being on call to support production systems.
- Perform day to day administration, coordinate and optimize the release process for MicroStrategy objects, reports, dossiers and semantic layer changes.
- Work closely with the end-user community in an internal customer support role, answering procedural and data questions, assisting users with report development and use of the MicroStrategy tools, and working with developers to trouble-shoot and support production systems. May include leading projects and investigating and resolving complex issues.
- Provides technical and systems design expertise in the installation, configuration, development and maintenance of Microsoft reporting products, including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microstrategy, and other related data products.
- Familiarity with Windows Server and IIS administration would be preferred.
- Manage vendor relationships, work with vendor support and escalate issues as necessary.
- Anticipate and raise project, business, and technical issues to the appropriate resource(s).
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and GRADING GUIDELINES
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analytics or related field, and a minimum of 2 years -10 years relevant work experience administering a BI platform.
Grade 15: Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analytics or related field, and a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience administering a BI platform/Microstrategy Environment. Experience in the financial industry .
Candidate should have excellent financial business knowledge, demonstrated team mentoring abilities; must demonstrate the ability to be self-directed and work independently; maintains strong relationships with business team members while handling multiple projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: MicroStrategy Administration, MicroStrategy Report and Dossier development, Multidimensional Modeling, .NET,
Exposure to other relevant BI tools is a plus (Tableau, QlikView etc)
Skills in: Microstrategy, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, PowerShell, Dashboard Reporting, Data Modeling
Ability to: Coordinate and gather requirements from stakeholders to convert into effective solutions. Present and communicate effectively to leadership teams.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi2r6iOTyMQfaQe