Associate Principal Scientist, Oncology Pharmacology
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Research & Development
Neomorph Inc is building the pre-eminent biotech in the protein degradation space. Focusing on next-generation approaches, Neomorph is assembling a world class team to advance the science around this emerging modality and address serious unmet medical needs.
At Neomorph, we aim to solve critical problems in human health by advancing the technology of targeted protein degradation. We will tackle serious diseases that have been considered intractable due to a lack of ‘druggable’ therapeutic targets. The Neomorph founders and management teams are composed of people that have demonstrated years of dedication to the field, and who are responsible for multiple major scientific advances in the space. We are seeking highly engaged and innovative individuals who wish to join us in building a collaborative and people-focused company, centered on scientific excellence in the pursuit of highly impactful and novel therapies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are an expert cancer biologist with significant experience running rodent oncology models for both targeted therapies and immunotherapies. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment, working toward data-driven decisions with equal minded critical thinkers and idea generators. You should have an established interest and passion for new modalities and targeted protein degradation, ideally with direct experience in the field.
- Support and lead preclinical discovery and characterization of small molecule binders and degraders leading to a portfolio of projects in the protein degradation space
- Planning and management of internal and external resources for the support and advancement of platforms and projects
- Provide oncology expertise and enable projects geared toward targeted therapies and immunotherapies
- PhD in Cancer Biology or related field with 6+ years, MS with 9+ years or BS with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Proven high performer with deep expertise in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience in leading/advancing small molecule discovery projects to the clinic as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in supporting drug discovery teams with timely and robust pharmacology data packages
- Deep and broad experience in planning, executing and interpreting highly impactful and informative PK/PD and efficacy studies
- Strong experience with oncology models (xenograft, syngeneic, orthotopic, GEMM, etc.) is critical, experience in additional indications is valuable
- Knowledge and experience in developing complex genetic or reconstituted in vivo models would be highly valuable
- Experience in biomarker development would be advantageous
- Experience in contributing robust preclinical data packages to IND reports is highly valuable
Neomorph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?fmcGIC3YIQRrIPyAU2PNEAw