What do you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us, they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without our staff, NMSI is just an idea. As a key member of the Program Delivery and Operations team, the Learning Management System Specialist will play an important role in supporting the functions that enable our team to do its best work. Specifically, this person will manage all system administration, process development and projects related to our LMS system and its integration with existing systems. The Learning Management System Specialist reports to the Manager, Program Delivery and Operations. This full-time role is based out of our office in Dallas, Texas, or from a home office anywhere in the contiguous United States
What are the details?
- Collaborates with other teams to ensure delivery of action items by established timelines
- Internalizes and translates existing technology to meet delivery needs
- Researches and investigates technical issues related to online program delivery
- Provides Tier 2 Helpdesk support to solve for learning management systems challenges
- Partners with PDO Manager to train on Tier 1 initial triage of incoming Helpdesk support tickets
- Develops external resources to ensure ease of use and positive user experience
- Serves as a project lead on all external communication regarding system utilization by the end user.
- Monitors and informs inputs and outputs of LMS platforms
- Makes recommendations for user enhancements to NMSI’s ecosystem
- Understands organizational reporting needs and transfers them to LMS setup
- Supports extracting data from LMS into existing systems
- Reviews LMS performance proactively
- Facilitates external super user testing and phased-in approach to collecting external data
- Works closely with appropriate external vendors to ensure efficient functionality of resources
- Researches and resolves end user LMS challenges as well as tracks and monitors issues to ensure a timely resolution
- Provides recommended courses of action to improve processes over time
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience – You have a bachelor’s degree and have worked in a professional capacity for at least two years; experience working with Learning Management Systems, such as Blackboard.
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type-or any other factor that makes us unique!
- Organized & Productive – You are a master at planning your day and not letting distractions come in between meeting your goals
- Reliable – You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help
- Flexible – You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities; you’re willing to travel a few times throughout the year when necessary
- Growth Mindset – You learn from failure and crave feedback because you know that it makes you better; you are also not afraid to give feedback to your manager or colleagues
- Tech Savvy – You embrace technology as a tool to enhance your work effectiveness but not a tool to replace hard work
Want to learn more?
The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states, and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes.
NMSI Next, our five-year strategic plan, deepens our commitment to transform our current programs. In doing so, we will also launch a bold approach to partnering with school systems that drives outcomes not only at the student and school system levels, but also at the regional and national levels. NMSI Next is anchored on the concept that the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts and that our teamwork and program work go hand in hand. Additionally, we believe that our impact at the school system, regional, and national levels will reinforce itself to ensure population level outcomes.
We believe STEM education is the greatest lever to accessing opportunity and is unmatched in unlocking student potential.
Specifically, NMSI Next will implement the following strategic levers so that all students, especially those furthest from opportunity, thrive and reach their highest potential as problem solvers and lifelong learners, pursue their passions and tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
- Catalyze bold thinking and enduring solutions for all students nationally
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to drive sustainable changes
- Provide school systems a world class K-12 solution set
- Build a strong, sustainable, and nimble organization positioning us to deliver exponential impact
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?WzsNXxFSgt8pEOj6JHgzgQa