Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Cloud Hosting Engineering Director
The Cloud Hosting Engineering Director’s primary responsibilities include leading a highly skilled team to build solutions and enable major cloud service provider platform services and operations including AWS, Microsoft Azure and O/M365, IBM zCloud, and Bluemix for MUFG Union Bank.
This leader will understand industry best practices and emerging technologies to support continuous improvement. They will be an Enterprise Cloud Authority for near, mid and long-term “Cloud First” technology strategies – both public and private while staying abreast of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) capabilities and technological advancements. They will lead the integration of seamless Operations across our platforms, which includes traditional/on-premises and IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS engagements. And they will successfully collaborate with strategic partners to prioritize and accelerate delivery of cloud solutions. As a key member of the IT Engineering Infrastructure leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring Cloud strategy is fully aligned, positioning infrastructure to deliver compelling business value
- Partner closely with Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, and Information Security teams on a common enterprise cloud strategy
- Help develop and lead the implementation of proof of concepts (POCs) and supporting processes with standard methodologies
- Stay ahead of the dynamic trending capabilities of CSPs and other related third-parties to drive continuous improvement of service levels and efficiency of our cloud services
- Drive innovation by working with senior leadership on new technologies, tools and ideas to ensure that the platforms are constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs
- Lead the development of metrics and supporting analytics to measure CSP performance
- Develops the maturity of Cloud Services to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps)
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other IT partners and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, being a thought leader and being a trusted advisor
- Lead in continuous integration and continuous development with automated deployment
- Drive cloud migration projects, security and cost controls, periodic reporting on metrics, while ensuring best practices are implemented and manage the cloud transformation program
- Lead the design and build new cloud infrastructure, applications, and services within cloud providers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud security
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements
- Manage Cloud migration and integration initiatives, staffing, budget and execution
- Lead a team of highly skilled individuals, drive team engage and excellence with authentic coaching and setting meaningful goal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, military experience or related fields; Master’s degree a plus
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology working with emerging technologies
- 5+ years leading Cloud Services public and private cloud along with various service offerings
- 8+ years management and leadership experience in enterprise level environments
- 7+ years of experience transforming traditional technology platforms into cloud based services (IAAS, PAAS and SAAS) within a DevOps environment
- 7+ years of experience integrating ITSM Services and Operations into a hybrid enterprise platform
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Cloud Services including RDS, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Cloud Services including Office 365
- 4+ years of experience working for a major financial institution within the US market
- Extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in motivating and driving thought leadership for large transformation programs
- Process/Methodology knowledge including Lean Engineering, Agile, Scrum, DevOps
- Experience supporting both Microsoft and Open Source stack – Linux, JBoss, Java, etc.
- Experience transitioning corporate IT and continuous improvement approaches to a Cloud Services environment
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for communicating to various audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization
- Solution-oriented leadership and a management-based approach
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?O%2bwhDB%2f2aAZ3zyatr%2bJ88wq