Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Mount Snow is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Mount Snowemployees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
The Mountain Dispatchercommunicates and coordinates with all other resort departments to ensure a seamless operation. The Mountain Dispatcher is integral to opening andclosing operations, other daily operations, and coordinating emergency response. The dispatcher will documentall operational activity and communicated information which comes in from a multi-line telephone,a2-way radio,email, text, and face to face conversations. The dispatcher builds and distributes daily reports. This position will also work closely with and help support the Snow Reporter. Strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and the willingness to learn are a must.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer a multitude of telephone and radio calls, determine nature of calls, refer to appropriate department or personnel
- Facilitating communication between resort departments
- Make resort wide announcements via two-way radio
- Maintain severallogs and other records
- Assist in locating missing, lost, and out of bounds guests
- Periodically direct guests to the appropriate area or department while providing superior customer service
- Communicate with cooperating agencies, and resort vendors
- Perform various clerical tasks related to department operations
- Update electronic sign board and other computer based programswhere informationis viewed by public
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Prior experience with Microsoft Exceland Google sheets
- A clear speaking voice, and a clear command and understanding of the English language
- The ability to multi-task and perform during stressful situations
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of Heavenly resort and trails
- Transportation to and from work – working hours fall outside of the public transportation schedule
- Sitfor long periods of time
- Must be able to see, hear, and speak
Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn’t you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223307
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?dUpv47CNnlqz9x%2fbeAIr3gb