Molecular Templates is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of differentiated, targeted, biologic therapeutics for cancer. We believe our proprietary biologic drug platform technology, referred to as engineered toxin bodies, or ETBs, provides a differentiated mechanism of action that may address some of the limitations associated with currently available cancer therapeutics. ETBs utilize a genetically engineered form of Shiga-like Toxin A subunit, or SLTA, a ribosome inactivating bacterial protein, that can be targeted to specifically destroy cancer cells. Additional information about Molecular Templates can be obtained at .
The Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible for the execution of planned and unplanned facilities and process maintenance in MTEM laboratory and GMP Manufacturing facilities. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the maintenance lifecycle management of laboratory, GMP process equipment, critical utilities, facility utilities, building management systems and site infrastructure. Experience with HVAC-R system design and troubleshooting is desirable. This technical specialist will fulfill this responsibility through maintenance planning, performance of facility and equipment work orders, and coordination with contract vendors and documentation of work. The successful technician will take a proactive role in workplace safety and maintaining the fit and finish of MTEM facilities to a best-in-class standard. Cross functional teamwork and communication are essential attributes as is comfort working in a regulated environment. Second shift core hours (with some flexibility) are: 2pm-10pm CST.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Champion safe working practices ensuring and providing safe work observations, proper controls for stored energy (lock-out, tag out), hot work permits, ensuring appropriate work PPE, hazardous materials storage and handling, spill prevention and response, proper lifting techniques and utilizing proper tools.
- Maintain LOTO equipment area and Confined Space Entry/Elevated Work equipment in accordance with Site EHS requirements
- Ensure > 99.9% system reliability for all HVAC-R systems including Chillers, Boilers, Air Handler Units, Cooling Towers, packaged refrigerators/freezers and walk-ins, mini-splits, D/X and cryogenic freezers
- Timely completion of tasks and work orders with appropriate documentation according to standard operating procedures, applicable standards, guidelines, practices, and policies.
- Perform daily routine rounds and checks throughout facility.
- Proactively inspect, maintain, calibrate and repair facility assets, including but not limited to: process equipment, critical utilities, process utilities, laboratory equipment and general office.
- Maintain facility housekeeping standards, including 5S program.
- Schedule routine maintenance and repairs for facility, utilities and equipment.
- Provide troubleshooting ability to diagnose and repair HVAC-R systems, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, including build and re-build mechanical assemblies (as applicable).
- Determines methods and procedures for new assignments and may recommend solutions.
- Coordinate with service providers and technical trades.
- Respond to facility disturbances and assist in alarm management, and maintenance of electronic equipment record keeping.
- Experience with lean tools and predictive maintenance concepts preferred.
- Interact with cross functional teams, vendors and contractors and report findings and proposals to stakeholders.
- Maintain training compliance to curriculum and technical knowledge to support facility equipment and systems, including basic repairs and maintenance.
- Improve performance of facility and maximizing equipment/facility uptime.
- Follow all GMP procedures and policies.
- May delegate work to other team members as needed.
- Minimum High School Diploma, or equivalent, and 7+ years of HVAC-R maintenance industry experience, or 2-year degree in technical discipline and 4 years of applicable experience, additional experience can replace education.
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigeration Certification.
- Experience working in facilities subject to GMP regulatory compliance, preferred.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry desired but not required.
- Demonstrated experience working with mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, pneumatics, automation, general maintenance, pest management, bother interior and exterior HVAC systems
- Experience working with and supporting Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Experience working with process equipment (Drug Substance Manufacturing) and laboratory equipment, product use, and terminology, preferred.
- Excellent technical problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to action to resolve issue.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential to our collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently possessing strength in organizing work and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide written and oral summaries of work.
- Proficiency in working standard office applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel as well as PLC based equipment and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Ability to handle competing priorities, projects, as well as urgent situations
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings and equipment manuals.
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation.
- Ability and willingness for on-call and after-hours emergencies response.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout scheduled work shift, ability to lift and or move up to 50lbs, work in tight, low or elevated positions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to Facilities Supervisor.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Molecular Templates Inc