MiTek® is a global provider of building solutions for the residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing software, services, engineered products, and automated manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich 60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide, MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .
The Technical Sales Support Associate is responsible for supporting and assisting the Sales Team with sales proposals and customer relationship management (CRM) activities. This is accomplished by working directly with the Sales Team and with customers to provide technical proposals and recommendations -following up with customers utilizing exemplary customer service in support of MiTek Mezzanine Systems products, systems, & services.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Responsible for generating and following up with customers on proposals and other correspondence.
- Responsible to recommend custom solutions, leveraging MiTek Mezzanine products, systems, and services, to solve customer problems.
- Responsible for partnering with the Sales Department to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for answering customer questions relating to MiTek Mezzanine products and possibilities.
- Create and maintain rapport with customers.
- Use excellent oral and written communication in customer service when interacting with customers.
- Use electronic tools to generate proposals, track responses, and follow up as necessary.
- Maintain/obtain important data and information from customers and enter into the company’s software.
- Act as the primary internal point of contact for customers.
- Reviews customer-submitted drawings and develops an understanding of how MiTek Mezzanine System’s equipment can best interface and recommend appropriate solutions.
- In working with Sales, stay abreast of customer design trends and needs and recommend optimal design solutions, where applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competency Statement (s)
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: 2-year technical degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of industrial sales experience; design & drafting experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, CAD Software (preferably AutoCAD) and ERP programs.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Kqg717WIYOLwSmKpswBGXwc