Job Tracking ID: 51296
Job Location: Germantown, WI
Job Level: Any
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 18, 2020
Years of Experience: Any
Starting Date: ASAP
MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist at our Germantown, WI molding facility. The EHS Specialist will be a leader in the development, deployment and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence at the Germantown Molding facility.
MGS Mfg. Group is a best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! We proudly employ over 1,800 employees worldwide. Our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at .
Below are additional duties and responsibilities:
- Advise and assist the Senior Management Team and other persons involved in planning, organizing, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment in the plant.
- Help maintain and continuously improve EHS in the plant by ensuring policies, procedures and processes comply with legislation, promote best practices and align with MGS Mfg. Group’s global EHS Management Program, including risk assessment and management, continuous improvement, EHS training, etc.
- Proactively coordinate and execute the necessary risk reduction techniques associated with the plant’s operations, and work with colleagues to avoid or reduce those risks and ensure safe systems of work for all activities.
- Oversee the plant’s emergency management procedures, conduct audits, training, etc, as appropriate to ensure adequate response capabilities.
- Play a lead role in setting, monitoring and presenting EHS metrics.
- Carry out investigations into any accidents and near-miss incidents that may occur; record and report on findings as required; notify management of all matters reportable under the appropriate internal and external reporting systems.
- Review and analyze reports of accidents and near-miss occurrences to make recommendations that help prevent reoccurrences. Identify, implement and monitor the effectiveness of any corrective / preventative actions that may be taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to foster support for EHS processes and programs.
- Work closely with all levels of management to promote safe manufacturing practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities, responding appropriately to any concerns raised by team members in relation to EHS in the plant.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver EHS training for employees; both internal and external as required.
- Support Global EHS initiatives by participating and leading action plan generation and monitoring of EHS related projects.
- Provide new hire orientation outlining the Company’s expectations regarding safety rules and regulations.
- Integrate and partner with the EHS team to promote a proactive safety culture focused on incident prevention, risk reduction and regulatory compliance.
- Organize and participate in safety team activities.
- Develop specific EHS objectives and create action plans to meet those objectives.
- Maintain, review and report EHS performance, identifying opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required.
- Conduct internal EHS audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Monitor, track and lead the functionality of the Safety Suggestion Program.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in occupational safety, environmental science or a closely related field.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and on-the-job training or experience.
- Attention to detail and capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
- Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to actively participate in team-oriented processes influence team engagement and to drive team decision making to conclusions / solutions.
- Must possess a theoretical and practical knowledge of all state and federal regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of current safety and loss control practices is essential.
To apply and learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to .
Succeed with MGS!
MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.