Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities. Messer is seeking a Estimating Manager to join the Estimating team.
We are currently seeking an Estimating Manager to join our team. In this position, you will work with a team of Estimators & Executives within our regions to provide cost planning & estimating services to support our projects. This position will serve as support for one of our ten regional offices with a primary focus on our key market segments (aviation, healthcare, higher education, industrial, federal/military and science & technology). The physical location of the position is open based upon candidate qualifications/capabilities. The person in this position has the opportunity of growing and advancing into a leadership role within the organization.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead the lump sum bid process including risk assessment, quantity surveying, self-performance pricing, scheduling, bid solicitation, subcontractor scope coordination and final bid assembly.
- Perform schematic, design development and construction document estimates for our Construction Management projects. This includes budgeting all scopes of work, value analysis of current design, communication with and presentation to Owner and design team.
- Coordinate efforts with Operations and MEP estimators to deliver final products to our clients.
- Provide cost expertise to our clients and design team members to assist in making decisions.
- 5+ years of Estimating experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of construction processes/industry/delivery methods
- Skilled in technology and have ability to master multiple software systems
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
See job description
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYKttmIJL5fhUAl