Merakey is currently seeking a PRN School Nurse to join our Education Services within our Children’s and Family Division at our school in Chambersburg, PA. These positions require minimal hours but are key the success of providing an exceptional educational experience for our students.
Just a few hours of your time each week can make a tremendous impact in our students’ lives!
The School Nurse will ensure standard precautions, incident management/critical event reporting, medication dispensing, and storage and safety policies and procedures are followed. The School Health Nurse is a Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direct supervision of the school Program Director.
- Understand and implement Merakey’s policies and procedures relating to child abuse, standard precautions, incident management/critical event reporting, medication dispensing, storage and safety.
- Collect and Maintain health records of students.
- Collaborate with district nurses as needed.
- Medication Administration as needed.
- Complete Medication Administration Record Audits.
- Ensure appropriate doctors orders for medication are on file.
- Monitor side effects of medication.
- Provide literature on side effects of medication.
- Assessment of self administration of medication.
- Develop individualized goals in order to increase independence with self administration of medication.
- Develop medical trainings as needed.
- Participate in Performance Quality Improvement.
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a timely manner of situations that affect student care or well being.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- M/T/Thu/Fri 8-1:30pm
- Graduate from an accredited practical/vocational nursing program
- Current license as an LPN in the Commonwealth of PA
- Experience with children with autism is preferred
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?epParQgY%2fueSN%2bjwD19mcQn