POSITION OVERVIEW Tax Customer Service Representative II (Experienced)
Looking to work for a fast growing company? Start your career here at MCI.
If you are a highly motivated individual and posess excellent communication skills, we need your help answering tax related questions and offering advice. You will by provide expert guidance, explain tax and technical terms, and answer tax-related questions. Our industry leading training programs will give you the tools you need to succeed and grow as a tax professional.
Schedules vary by site and project however we can usually find something that works for everyone. This is an experienced-level position with competitive compensation. Three years of experience in call center, customer service, technical support, or sales is required. Accounting or tax knowledge is a plus.
- Utilize and leverage government websites, professional resources, and team expertise to seek out and deliver the right answers using everyday language
- Apply defined practices, procedures, and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve tax advice and preparation inquiries
- Document client interactions
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS WONDER IF YOU ARE A GOOD FIT?
It’s about building relationships and turning the knowledge you gain in training into customer wins. We provide all new employees with world-class training, so all positive, driven, and confident applicants are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates for this position are highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess active unrestricted credential: EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or Tax Preparer credentials.
- Must possess or be able to obtain any related State licenses, certificates, permits or bonds
- Must possess active PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
- Recent experience preparing federal and state individual 1040 tax returns for clients/customers
- Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a dedicated hardwired internet connection
- Strong customer service skills – ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly and reassuring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking, problem solving, research skills and determination
- Audit experience a plus (IRS and state tax authorities)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills (written & spoken) a plus
- Work at home experience
- State or Federal work experience
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be authorized to work in their country of residence (The United States or Canada)
- Must be willing to submit up to a LEVEL II background and/or security investigation with a fingerprint. Job offers are contingent on background/security investigation results
- Must be willing to submit to drug screening. Job offers are contingent on drug screening results.
COMPENSATION DETAILS WANT AN EMPLOYER THAT VALUES YOUR CONTRIBUTION?
We believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and total rewards are competitive. Standard starting compensation is commensurate with experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn paid time off as well as paid holidays and paid training opportunities. Regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives are part of the overall compensation our team members enjoy and include monetary incentive and prizes such as computers, tablets, phones, TV’s, trips, tickets, and even cars. Benefits options and plans vary slightly by location.
JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Options
- Paid Time-Off
- Regular Raises
- Work-at-Home Opportunities
- Advancement Opportunity
- Fun, Engaging Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Cash and Prize Contests
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS NEED A SCHEDULE THAT WORKS WITH YOUR LIFE?
We can offer a wide range of scheduling options for qualified candidates. There are multiple shifts and weekly work variations available to our team members. Please ask a Talent Acquisition Specialist about the different types of creative scheduling options that are available at your location. Whether you are a busy parent, student, or just want control of your work-life balance, flexible, customized scheduling is one of the perks of working at our organization .
ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS …
REGARDING COVID-19 As an employer supporting critical Federal, State, Provincial, and Commercial clients, we have taken steps to ensure that we remain operational while taking every precaution possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our employees safe.
Measures include social distancing for those working on-site, frequent deep cleaning and disinfecting of workstations and common areas, work-at-home option for eligible positions and programs, daily contactless temperature checks for those essential employees working on-site, travel policies limiting travel and mandatory quarantine, reporting and quarantine processes and policies for those exposed, and requesting masks to be worn when on-site employees are not at their workstation.
Most local positions offer work-at-home after training on-site; however, there are specific programs that are on-site only due to security requirements.
To help protect our candidates and employees, we are REQUESTING that all on-site candidates wear a mask to interviews and training. In locations where state or local government has mandated the use of masks, we will abide by the mandate, and REQUIRE masks be worn when on-location.
For more information on MCI’s response to COVID-19 please visit .
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be largely sedentary and will be required to sit/stand for long periods while using a computer and telephone headset. The employee will be regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment, including a phone, copier, and printer. The employee may occasionally be required to move about the office to accomplish tasks; reach in any direction; raise or lower objects, move objects from place to place, hold onto objects, and move or exert force up to forty (40) pounds.
REASONABLE ACOMODATION Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) it is the policy of MCI and affiliates to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Kate Murph, Vice President of Human Resources .
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY At MCI and its subsidiaries, we embrace differences and believe diversity is a benefit to our employees, our company, our customers, and our community. All aspects of employment at MCI are based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. MCI maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling MCI’s commitment to a diverse and equal opportunity work environment.
MCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. MCI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
MCI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits , social and recreational programs, and discipline . In addition, it is the policy of MCI to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where an employee works.
ABOUT MCI (PARENT COMPANY) In 2019 Marlowe Companies Inc. (MCI) was named by Inc. Magazine as Iowa’s Fastest Growing Company in the State of Iowa and was named the 452nd Fastest Growing Privately Company in the USA, making the coveted top 500 for the first time. MCI’s subsidiaries had previously made Inc. Magazine’s List of Fastest-Growing Companies 15 times respectively. MCI is headquartered in Iowa City, IA, and has nine customer contact management centers, IT services, and business process outsourcing service delivery facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Nova Scotia, and South Dakota.
….. click apply for full job details
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kD%2boqxWZLdD96u3qQAYaoQk