The Manager – Quality Assurance (QA) and Compliance works with Proposal Operations and division business development (BD) and capture teams to support BD and sales efforts during the entire business acquisition life cycle. In addition, the Manager – QA and Compliance will work with Proposal Managers, Capture Managers, and the proposal team to actively conduct quality assurance oversight of proposal work products and peer-to-peer evaluations (color or independent reviews) of proposals prior to submission. Working with cross functional teams in a matrix organization is a key skill set in this role. Also, crucial is the ability to identify and mitigate potential risks related to proposal development and ensure timely delivery in meeting proposal submissions. Remote work is possible for this position.
Job Description Summary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the Internal Audit programs by reviewing existing processes and making recommendations to insure controls are in place.
– Conduct Quality Training initiatives.
– Investigate compliance issues discovered through audits or incident reporting to determine the severity and corrective actions needed.
– Schedule and provide ongoing staff training regarding quality and compliance topics.
– Provide oversight of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance to established Policies, Procedures, and the ISO9001 Standard.
– Initiate changes as required to maintain compliance.
– Perform other duties as may be assigned. Minimum Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree, three (3) years of people management experience, five (5) years of experience in the related field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Quality Assurance Manager supports Proposal Operations as part of shared services for the Maximus organization. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for building accurate and comprehensive proposal artifacts and for verifying compliance at color reviews. This individual must have a broad knowledge of proposal management processes, a solid understanding of industry best practices for proposals and project management, and advanced skills in Microsoft Word to support a large volume of high-quality proposals. The Quality Assurance Manager completes or manages the following tasks:
- Builds cross-referenced compliance matrices and other quality assurance artifacts
- Provides quality assurance support and guidance to Proposal Managers and Capture Managers
- Ensures compliance with MAXIMUS quality assurance policies and procedures
- Reviews proposal management plans created by Proposal Managers
- Pursues continuous improvement activities and industry best practices to increase individual skills and department contributions to MAXIMUS
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree, three(3) years of people management experience, five (5) years of experience in the related field.
- Practical experience with Shipley or related proposal process and related services preferred, to include a demonstrated record of success in proposal management and/or coordination
- Experience with evaluating proposal compliance, responsiveness is essential and required
- Must possess basic project management skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet proposal milestones and deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills and an excellent attention to detail are required
- Ability to work independently or lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours.
- Rare, but some travel may be required
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive company information • Professional and positive approach • Self-motivated and self-sufficient • Experience and expertise in O365, SharePoint, Zoom, RFP software (shredding tools) and related applications, systems and software is required • APMP and Agile SAFe® certification are preferred (and will be required during the first year of employment)
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees. – Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit .
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Vwj3ZMc8Qbg4oGT9mvdAHgp