Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an R&D Scientist to join our Research & Development team in Westminster, CO. In this role, you will help us build state-of-the-art image processing, computer vision, and machine learning algorithms to harness the content of our massive petabyte scale imagery archive. We work on a wide variety of topics ranging from deep learning to massive cloud-enabled image processing applications with the goal of helping to understand our changing planet.
- Act as technical lead for preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare portions of engineering and R&D proposals.
- Generate and prototype algorithms and techniques to enhance and automate production processes.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems associated with specific projects.
- Engage in business development, including briefing customers on company capabilities.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Advanced degree in Computer Vision, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with a proven background in designing and implementing complex algorithms
- 2+ years of software coding experience (Python or C++ preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced deep learning experience
- PhD degree in computer vision, engineering or mathematics or related field
- Knowledge and use of machine learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building applications in AWS
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?X1BvGN%2bJzUaNT%2fmnapaeggg