Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
Controller, GAAP Accounting
Recruitment # 20-001
Salary: $73,541 – $107,347
Location: Lanham, Maryland
The Division of Finance and Administration is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as the Controller of GAAP Accounting. This position is involved in the management, operation and coordination of many units in the Department requiring an understanding of multiple technical areas including capital markets, mortgage products and execution methodologies, underwriting, asset management, grant/loan agreements and required reporting, debt management, compliance to State and Federal regulations and loan servicing. For more information and to apply, please visit our website at EOE
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports to include three years performing advanced duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting or GAAP accounting, and three years in managing accounting professionals.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general accounting experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required general experience.
5. Unofficial college transcripts will be required to verify your education.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?sAbWxt0qRkumiP2mxskPQQm