Well established company with over 400-employees has an excellent opportunity available for a Technical Service Representative, Coatings.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
* Directly interfacing with customers to define and bring resolution to opportunities and/or problems to satisfy customer needs.
* Design, plan and execute Top Target Program elements in lab as well as in the customers plants and laboratories; as appropriate to meet customer requirements and expectations.
* Responsible for the completion of benchwork necessary to resolve the defined issues.
* Provide effective and timely communication at every stage of the project. This will include, but not limited to: progress reports, updates, call reports, and project milestones reached or missed.
* Strong customer focus and attention to detail.
* Formal Project Planning (Action Planning and Execution) supporting conversion and retention initiatives.
* Application of problem solving techniques providing resolution to customer concerns and successful conversion of new opportunities.
* Design effective and efficient experimentation to provide resolution to technical issues.
* Complete laboratory and manufacturing trials required and defined by experimental design.
* Resource management and maximization.
* Assure safe handling of products and electrical/mechanical devices in the field.
* Continuous skill development and maintenance.
* Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
* Active support and participation in all appropriate BMS and H, S, & E aspects.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Customer satisfaction
* Quick closure to customer complaint
* Meeting program and project timelines
* Success of conversion and retention programs
* Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completions of H, S, & E area checklist (as assigned)
* Prevention of personal injury/illness
* BS/BA required in a field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Science.
* Ability and willingness to travel occasionally on short notice. Providing on-site support for key and strategic accounts to satisfy customer needs.
* Excellent interpersonal skills/maturity.
* Good understanding of products and customer processes.
* Knowledge of color and appearance science.
* Knowledge of process theory customer processes.
* Willingness and ability to continuously increase and maintain skills and knowledge in significant work areas.
* Aptitude for working with electronic computing / communication and mechanical processing devices.
* Experience in pigments, paints, coatings, plastics, thermoplastics, thermosets, polymers, polyethylene, polypropylene, LDPE, LLDPE, and HDPE.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kD%2boqxWZLdC8YG03oRVkGQk