Operate Ready Mix truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
This position is primarily for Special Projects in the South Austin area, with the possibility of continuous Special Project assignments and/or Full Time opportunities (based on performance and work availability).
Summary of Duties:
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Possess a Class A or B Driver’s License
- One-year experience operating tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred.
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment.
- Climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Operate hand controls with both hands and foot pedals with both feet.
- Perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
All time is spent in an outside setting that may require various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must be able to work early mornings & evenings, 10-12 hour shifts, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Benefits start on First Day
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
At Martin Marietta we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates. We celebrate diversity and commit that qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?oou9in%2bIVn06%2fQeIPNt8cQw