Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune reset approach can be applied through stem cell transplant to multiple diseases, including autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosis; blood cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia; and genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease.
Magenta’s comprehensive approach to precision immune system reset will transform many aspects of the transplant process, aiming to make it safer and more effective. Our culture is fueled by a driven, passionate group of people committed to making a difference, seizing opportunities for maximum impact, and pursuing progress for the patients we seek to serve.
We are seeking an Associate Director, Legal Affairs who will be responsible for partnering on a broad range of legal matters, including strategic advice on transactional and contracting matters. The Associate Director, Legal Affairs will leverage his or her understanding of Magenta’s business, biopharmaceutical companies, and the legal and regulatory framework relevant to our industry to provide thoughtful, solution-oriented legal advice that furthers Magenta’s business strategy and protects Magenta’s interests. The philosophy of our legal department is to provide proactive and persuasive legal support and guidance commensurate with the needs of our business and our people.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Partnering across all company departments to meet business objectives, identify legal issues, provide legal options and analysis of possible legal solutions, and give practical and timely legal advice for addressing critical issues so that business and legal objectives are met.
- Participating and collaborating with other legal team members in developing and implementing legal strategy and direction for Magenta.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, including collaboration, licensing, research, consulting, confidentiality, vendor, and material transfer agreements.
- Managing contract flow to ensure timely execution of agreements and ensuring compliance with active contractual arrangements.
- Supporting preparation and filing of SEC correspondences including quarterly and annual filings.
- Interacting with external counsel, advisors, external vendors, and business partners.
- Keeping informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization, and assisting with development of policies and training as needed.
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Law Degree from a nationally recognized law school and member of a state bar.
- 3+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry at a large law firm and/or in an in-house legal department.
- Commitment to a high-performance, people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path.
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment, and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile.
- Deep functional legal knowledge, coupled with business acumen, personal credibility, and outstanding leadership skills. Prior success with work in a hands-on, highly collaborative growth environment.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong base of knowledge and experience advising clients on regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Ability to form strong working relationships while maintaining firm adherence to proper legal standards.
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in working on a broad variety of legal matters.
Successful leaders and contributors within Magenta are:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta’s mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Intuitive. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company’s cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment & Excellence
At Magenta, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we’re going to make new cures possible is by working together.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?kteJpayibv1a3pgObv57qwe