Macy s Digital Technology team is seeking a motivated Software Engineering Manager. This Manager will be responsible for a defined work function and/or a suite of systems and lead a team of 20-40 engineers. Builds effective teams through coaching, mentoring and career planning. Develops cross-functional partnerships. This role requires both strong tactical skills and strategic level thinking. On the tactical side, this person needs to be able to help the team navigate through day-to-day issues, manage the team and vendor partners to provide the agreed-upon SLAs, and shepherd in-flight projects to their successful ends. On the strategic level, this person needs to contribute to the overall roadmap, design and long-term planning discussions of a customer facing ecommerce portal. This candidate will work closely with Product Managers, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, Devops, and Project Managers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ensures effective planning, organizing, prioritizing and delegating assignments to direct reports and team members. Through continual analysis of the workload and personnel needs of their team(s) and organizational unit, meet deadlines. Responsible for team results on quality measurements, including on-time delivery, meeting deadlines, and adherence to policy and procedures.
* Develops and executes strategic plans in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders. Ability to build and establish solid working relationships by providing timely, accurate and high quality information to peers, subordinates, upper management and/or customers.
* Demonstrates appropriate functional knowledge and skills relevant to operational area.
* Advises senior management on strategic plans and improvements to systems and processes. Partners with customers to develop and execute business vision and strategic plan.
* Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to systems and processes. Ensures compliance with existing processes and standards.
* Accountable for the application feature assisting in developing application roadmap and delivery of the associated initiatives.
* Managing resource allocations, planning resource needs & on-boarding new resources to effectively staff the delivery team and accomplish business goals.
* Coach, mentor and develop a high performing motivated engineering team, providing career development planning and opportunities.
* Evolves application maturity in automation, operations, stability, and support.
* Maintains awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
* Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5+ years of experience in developing highly available and scalable web applications, Service oriented Architecture.
* 3+ years of leading a web/ecommerce development team.
* Strong leadership profile and excellent prioritization and negotiation skills, capable of managing multiple streams of work in parallel with aggressive timelines.
* Candidate must have strong organizational and leadership capabilities and have solid track record of leading engineering team and delivering enterprise class products. Candidate must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field.
* Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
* Experience with Agile development methodology.
* Experience working with performance improvement and tuning high volume web applications is a strong plus.
* Experience with Google Cloud platform and cloud migration projects is a strong plus.
* Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
* Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information of the platform in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
* Must have excellent presentation skills to wide spectrum of audience types (Sr. Executives to Technical Architects and Developers).
* Strong technical aptitude, along with analytical skills.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Decides and prioritizes the deliverables of application, participates and recommends the technical direction of the platform.
* Makes management decisions, as well as make recommendations for advancement and promotions.
* Number of direct reports ranges from 6 to 14.
* This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Involve use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
* May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
* Up to 5% travel Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences up to 4 times a year.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy s, Inc. including Macy s and Bloomingdale s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with [SFPC Art. 49]( and [LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9](
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Iy9klxetq0L1pCVt1h8vsQr