The Merchandising Support Associate, also known as a Front of House Associate, is responsible for providing a great shopping experience and driving sales and profit through customer service, accurate pricing and signing, arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store, and ensuring proper sales floor merchandising as well as accurate merchandise movement throughout the building. Operational duties include but are not limited to floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, merchandising, set up and removal of signs for promotional events/sales, completing price changing activities, and ringing point of sale transactions.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring that both the store and online customers are always the #1 priority.
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including point of sale transactions, credit and loyalty program enrollment, and helping him/her find what he/she is looking for.
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Colleagues throughout the store to create a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor as soon as time permits.
- Support Omni-channel initiatives such as fulfillment of online or Buy Online/Pick Up in Store orders.
- Perform all functions in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner and flex between tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise support tasks and flex between tasks (merchandising, pricing, signing, fulfillment, replenishment, receiving, reverse logistics, radio frequency scanning, and stockroom maintenance) as needed to ensure completion/execution.
- Execute receiving, merchandise processing, packing/shipping and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include processing inbound merchandise to floor ready standards by removing packaging and placing sensors per MMPS standards.
- Delivery of processed merchandise to appropriate sales floor drop zones, first quality packing standards and processing of fulfillment orders and reverse logistics (damages, transfers, RTVs), accurate outbound trailer execution.
- Collection and sorting of hangers, sensor tags, trash and recycling throughout the store.
- Organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas including sales floor, building lamping, and customer carryout and special delivery as needed.
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing, merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, stockroom maintenance).
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations.
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows.
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives.
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives.
- Assist customers and complete point of sale transactions as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishments are required.
- Education and/or training in related fields (e.g. art, merchandising and the like) is helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- This position requires constant moving and standing.
- Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May have to reach above eye level; Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Possess strong merchandising skills.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of radio frequency equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYLbOvxzq9PA%2fQl