T h e Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure and equipment of the store in good working order. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance and emergency, corrective and routine repairs in electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Maintain effective communication with the Chief Engineer and Store Management. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels.
- Perform emergency, corrective and routine repairs of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the schedule.
- Maintain routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies and local fire marshal regulations.
- Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all current legislation and requirements as they relate to the EPA Regulations and the South Coast Air Quality District Regulations pertaining to “CFC” and refrigerant handling laws.
- Work day, evening, night, weekends, and as required by emergency situations when directed by the Chief Engineer or District Facilities Manager.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational background is necessary.
- Minimum of two years of related experience. In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems is preferred with EPA certification and license.
- Strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems, plumbing, mechanical equipment and the maintenance of this equipment.
- Must possess a working knowledge of personnel safety and safety engineering codes.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules operations and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and able to use a calculator.
- Self-started, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Have the ability to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift minimally 30 lbs.
- Work required reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Additionally may involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception and focus adjustment.
- Must be able to sit and drive for at least one hour at a time.
- Have the ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team, must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- May support one or more locations, and regularly travel between stores/buildings.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based on department/store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2bGX3pa8E%2fLWBQSqMTe9CLAz