Responsible for performing operational job duties in addition to supervising associates in a given work area or areas as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ensures safe workplace behaviors are taught, emphasized and used at all times. Assists in establishing team pride in maintaining orderliness and facility housekeeping.
• Provides hands-on direction to associates for the operation of the fulfillment center so that they contribute to the overall successful movement of merchandise within established levels of service, accuracy, and productivity standards.
• Works closely with the training group to ensure associates are trained/cross-trained and certified in all operational areas. Recognizes training deficiencies and works with manager to retrain/address issues. Assists in the development of all associates and works to stimulate growth of highly performing team members.
• Provides guidance to daily operations activities to ensure a high degree of coordination and cooperation between different areas, maintenance of clean and organized work place and the personal safety of all associates.
• Practices open and continuous communication; values keeping others well informed; presents written and verbal ideas in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily team meetings. Recognizes and celebrates individual and team performance with positive reinforcement.
• Ensures associates are working towards continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists associates to offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions their cause.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
• 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
• PC knowledge, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with colleagues and people leaders.
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and effective organization skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?0GJT4SJYjS5JO%2b4uxAVhbgz